With Oops!Backup, users can choose to synchronise their backup drive to a secondary drive. This is useful for users that travel with their backup drive alongside their laptop. Should anything happen to both the source drive and the backup drive, a third drive would still contain a recent version of your files.
How do I setup a Secondary Backup Drive?
1. Open the Oops!Backup Quick Launch by clicking on the Oops!Backup tray icon.
2. Click on 'Open Drive Manager ....' to open the Drive Manager.
3. You will now be presented with the Drive Manager screen. Through the Drive Manager you can choose a new Primary Backup Drive or else to configure a Secondary Backup Drive. In this example we will be choosing a Secondary Backup Drive so click on the 'Select 2nd Backup Drive ...' button.
4. A window showing the list of available drives will appear. If your drive is not showing make sure that it is connected and then click the Refresh Drive List link. If you want to back up to a network drive via a UNC path then click the 'Back up to a network path' button. Please note that your primary backup drive will be hidden from this list.
5. Choose the drive to which you would like to start synchronising your backup to. In this example we will start backing up to a removable hard drive with the drive letter "E:". Check the check-box near the drive and click the Select 2nd Backup Drive button on the bottom right of the window.
6. You have now selected your secondary backup drive. At this point you will be returned to the Drive Manager Screen. From here you may choose the time for the daily synchronisation. Please note that during a synchronisation, both your primary and secondary backup drives must be connected.
7. The next step is to initiate the initial synchronisation. Simply click on the button Synchronise your Backup to the 2nd Backup Drive Now. You will see from Oops!Backup’s main progress bar that a synchronisation has begun.